EnvironmentBack to all news in brief
Call for Proposals - 28.10.2022
Each project can receive up to a maximum of EUR 5 million ERDF co-financing and project implementation should take place within a maximum period of 3,5 years.
For more information and to apply don't hesitate to check out the website and the seminars that will take place until the end of the year.
Local Finances - 26.10.2022Join us on 10 November for our event: Local Finances in Europe – Unlocking investments for sustainable and resilient societies.
This on-site event will take place in CEMR premises in Brussels, 1 Square de Meeûs on Thursday, 10 November 2022 (10.00-15.00)
- Morning (10.00-12.00) : Launch event of CEMR publication ‘Local finances and the green transition in Europe : A decade of local finances – from crisis to sustainable recovery’. This online publication highlights the trends and evolutions of local and regional finances from the aftermath of the financial crisis to the beginning of the COVID pandemic. As part of this report, a specific focus has been given on the green dimension of local finance and the contribution of LRGs in the investments needed to meet the challenges of the green transition.
The launch event of the publication will be followed by a policy debate on the review of the EU’s economic governance framework – in particular fiscal and budgetary rules controlling debt and public investments – and its impact on municipalities, cities and regions.
- Afternoon (13.00-15.00): Policy debate with EU policy makers on revision of EU economic governance framework from the perspective of local and regional governments. This debate follows the adoption of CEMR position paper “Boosting public investment capacities at local and regional level – the opportunity of the reform of the EU economic governance framework” in January 2022, and will come as the Commission is preparing a proposal for the revision of the EU economic framework early 2023. This reform will have important implications for Europe’s ability to mobilise all levels of governance, not only in addressing the macroeconomic and structural scars left by COVID-19, but to strengthen EU economies in the face of significant challenges that lie ahead.
EU Green Capital - 20.10.2022European Green Capital and the European Green Leaf 2024? Discover the winners at the Awards Ceremony on 27 October, hosted by the City of Grenoble.
The European Commission's (European) Green Capital Award, recognises and rewards local efforts to improve the environment, and thereby the economy and the quality of life in cities. The Award is given each year to a city, which is leading the way in environmentally friendly urban living. The Award encourages cities to commit to ambitious goals for further environmental improvement.
European Bauhaus - 22.02.2022
This prize, which is open to local and regional governments, rewards excellent projects completed within the last two years, as well as concepts or ideas from young talents aged 30 or less.
These projects and concepts can enter in the following categories::
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it most
- Shaping circular industrial ecosystems and supporting life-cycle thinking
Winning projects will receive up to €30,000, while concepts can win up to €15,000.
For more information, check out the guide for applications, available in English as well as other official EU languages on the New European Bauhaus website.
Green Capital - 11.01.2022
The official launch of this European Green Capital year, which is organised by the City of Grenoble and the European Commission, in partnership with the Département de l'Isère and Grenoble-Alpes Métropole, and with the support of the French government, will take place on Saturday 15th January.
Access the event page here: https://greengrenoble2022.eu
< previousnext >
Coordinator - Environment and Climate team / Adviser - Environment and mobility
Tel : +32 2 500 05 38
Skype : axelle_griffon_ccre
Search by theme
Governance, democracy and citizenship
International engagement and cooperation
Local and regional public services
Environment, climate and energy
Economic, social and territorial cohesion